16 Feb Easy Baked Salmon with Greek Salad
By Rebecca Jaspan, MPH, RD, CDN, CDCES
This baked salmon recipe will become your go-to weeknight dinner. It is so easy to throw together and covers all of the bases- satisfying salmon, hearty couscous or rice, and refreshing veggies. The feta and olives finish this dish with delicious creaminess and salty tang.
1 pound salmon cut into four filets
1 small red onion, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
1 tablespoon za’atar spice
For the Greek salad:
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 medium cucumber, chopped
½ cup kalamata olives, chopped
1 cup feta cheese, cubed
1 clove garlic, chopped
¼ cup olive oil
½ teaspoon chili flakes
Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place slices of 1 lemon and onion in bottom of a baking dish. Place salmon filets on top and sprinkle with za’atar spice. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the salmon is baking, place juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, garlic, and chili flakes in a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Add the feta cheese, cover and let marinate in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, and olives to the bowl and toss lightly to coat.
- Serve the salmon on top of couscous or rice and top with Greek salad.