12 Aug S’mores Bars
by Rebecca Jaspan, MPH, RD, CDE, CDN
Makes 9 large bars or 16 smaller bars
For the crust:
8 sheets graham crackers
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
For the chocolate cake:
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup (1 stick) butter. melted
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Salt to taste
About 30 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until they become a fine crumb. Add sugar and melted butter, pulse until combined.
- Grease a square 9×9 baking pan. Add crust to pan and press down. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare chocolate cake. Melt chocolate chips and butter a bowl in microwave in 30 second intervals. Whisk until smooth.
- When bowl is warm (not hot), add eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add brown sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt and whisk until combined.
- Pour cake batter over prepared crust and bake for another 25 minutes.
- When cake is baked, top with marshmallows and place under broiler to toast marshmallows, about 30 second to 1 minute.
- Allow to cool and slice into bars. Enjoy!