No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Oatmeal Bars
Inspired by recipe from Alexis Joseph, RD
These no-bake chocolate almond butter oatmeal bars are my favorite pre or post workout snack. They are so easy to throw together and good thing because they do not last in the freezer for long! The oats and almond butter are the perfect combination of carbohydrates and fat to keep me energized and satiated throughout a workout.
1 ½ cup old fashioned oats
¼ cup ground flaxseed
¼ tsp sea salt
1 cup almond butter (peanut butter works too)
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add oats, flaxseed, and salt. Add almond butter and maple syrup, stirring until well combined into a thick and cohesive mixture.
- Spoon mixture into lined baking dish and push down into even layer using wet hands or the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and melt in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate onto bars and use a spoon to spread evenly. Place dish in freeze for about an hour or until chocolate is hardened. Slice into 16 bars and enjoy! They are delicious right out of the freezer!