22 Oct Seasonal Pumpkin Oats
The leaves are changing, the weather is certainly changing, the halloween costumes are out and so are the pumpkins; it must be Fall. How better to show your Fall enthusiasm than by adding some (pumpkin) spice to your breakfast bowl?
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4-1/3 cup pumpkin puree (can adjust to taste)
1 cup water or milk, by preference
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of cinnamon
chopped pecans, walnuts, raisins, dates or maple syrup
- In medium pot, cook oats and milk or water on medium heat until boiling
- Lower to medium-low and stir in the pumpkin puree
- Add spices, vanilla and salt and continue to stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes (be sure that your oatmeal isn’t burning/sticking to bottom of pot, this means your heat is too high)
- Once desired consistency is reached and oats are plump, let sit for 5-10 minutes in pot before serving
- Pour into bowl and add optional toppings. Enjoy!