29 May Gluten-Free Mediterranean Veggie Pasta
by Karen Loscalzo of Healthy Gluten-Free Family, LLC
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 6 oz gluten free pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Cucina Amorea marinated artichokes, cut up 1/2 jar then measure out 1 cup
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 cups raw baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn
- 4 tbsp parmesan or feta cheese
- Grill chicken cutlets
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta. Cook 8 minutes or until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water then drain in a colander. Set aside.
- While pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add red pepper and garlic. Saute 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste, stir over heat for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, salt, black pepper, and artichokes. Cook 5-7 minutes or until tomatoes begin to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta and simmer 2 minutes. If more liquid needed, add reserved pasta water, hot water, or more broth as desired.
- Stir in spinach and basil. Cook 2 minutes or until greens wilt.
- Remove from heat and divide into 4 portions.
- Top each portion with 1 tbsp cheese and 4 oz grilled chicken.