Adapted from Sally’s Baking Recipes
1 and ½ cups peeled and chopped apples (about 2 medium apples cut into ½ inch chunks)
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 and ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softed to room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Stir the apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and granulated sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, beat on medium speed until combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in applesauce and vanilla extra.
- Add in the dry ingredients- flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly pour in the milk. Beat until just combined and do not overmix.
- Pour and spread about ½ of the batter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Spoon the apples evenly on top. Pour and spread remaining batter on top. Using a knife, swirl the batter down the center of the loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool and cut into slices and enjoy! Slather some peanut butter or cream cheese on top for a satisfying and satiating snack!