12 Dec Walnut-Stuffed Apples
With the start of Winter fast approaching, we’ve been searching for few more Fall recipes to savor. We recently saw this wonderful recipe on Cooking Light for Walnut-Stuffed Apples and we had to share!
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, cored
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup apple cider
Combine the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 cup brown sugar, and apple cider in a small bowl, stirring to combine. Pour over apples. Cover with lid; cook on LOW 2 3/4 hours. Remove the apples with a slotted spoon. Spoon 1/4 cup cooking liquid over each serving.
The recipe and photo featured in this post were provided by Cooking Light. To read the original recipe please click here.