Ayurvedic Cocoa Date Balls Recipe
Laura is currently working toward her 300-hour Juluka Yoga Training. She will be a 500-hour RYT by May 2020. Part of the training involves studying Ayurvedic health philosophy. Here is one of her favorite recipes from her training! This recipe is adapted from the book entitled Eat-Taste-Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living.
Makes 11 Balls
6 medjool dates
1/2 cup almond flour/meal
1/4 cup shredded coconut
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp cacao nibs
2 tsp ground chia seeds
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup shredded coconut (for rolling balls in)
- Soak dates for an hour. Remove seeds.
- Place all ingredients (except 1/4 cup shredded coconut for rolling) in a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are combined and coarsely ground.
3. Form a cup with one of your hands and place a small handful of the combination in the cup of your hand. Gently form a ball. Do not roll between your hands as the ball will crumble.
4. Place shredded coconut in a shallow bowl or plate. Gently roll the ball in the shredded coconut.
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the balls set.