07 Mar Spring Asparagus
With the clocks springing forward this Sunday, we couldn’t help but post a recipe for a Spring-y dish. We can’t wait for the weather to warm up and the spring flowers to bloom, not to mention, eating delicious seasonal fruits and veggies! One of our favorite spring vegetables is asparagus and we especially love this asparagus salad recipe.
Photo Credit: hoveringdog via Compfight cc
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups halved heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cook asparagus in steamer for 2 minutes or until bright green.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter; top with tomato mixture and chopped onions. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
- Tip: if raw red onion is too strong, you can soak in water for 5-10 minutes to dilute the flavor.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.