01 Aug Spinach and Leek Frittata
Spinach and Leek Frittata
Today we have a wonderful recipe that’s not only simple to make, but also super delicious! This Spinach and Leek Frittata is perfect as a main course for brunch, a tasty lunch, or a quick and easy dinner. We at MDIO love making frittatas because they’re high in protein, versatile, and they make a great base for adding extra vegetables. We hope you enjoy!
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cups leek, thinly sliced
- 10 oz fresh spinach (1 package)
- ⅓ cup 1% milk
- 2 tbsp chopped oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- Canola oil, spray
- 1.5 tbsp Progresso Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium heat. Add the leek and sauté for 4 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes, or until wilted. Place the mixture in a colander or on a paper towel and press to remove excess moisture.
- Combine the milk, oregano, salt, pepper, eggs and egg whites, stirring well. Add the leek and butter mixture.
- Spray a 10” pie plate or circular baking dish with canola oil spray. Pour egg mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until the center appears set.
- After 25 minutes, preheat the broiler. Broil frittata for 3-4 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool. Cut into wedges and serve.
Recipe and photograph adapted from CookingLight.com