23 Jul Roasted Green Beans & Mushroom Farro Salad
Adapted from ClosetCooking
With a relatively short cooking time, roasting veggies is not only incredibly easy to do, but a healthy and delicious way to cook for you and your family! All it takes for a perfect roast are a few of your favorite vegetables, some olive oil, a dash of salt and pepper and some of your favorite fresh garden herbs!
To prevent the vegetables from sticking to the pan, you’ll need to coat them with some olive oil. For more coverage with less oil, try using an oil mister. This week, we are giving away a FREE Orka Oil Mister by Mastrad to our followers —To enter to win, click here!
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 cup farro
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- olive oil cooking spray or mister
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring the water and farro to a boil, reduce the heat. Cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes, or until al dente.
- Toss green beans, mushrooms, and walnuts and place on a baking sheet. Using a cooking spray or mister , spray with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Remove from oven.
- Once farro is cooked, drain any remaining liquid. Top with parsley, green beans, mushroom and walnut medley. Mix and serve warm.