28 Feb Quinoa Cornbread (gluten & dairy-free)
Whether you serve it alongside Thanksgiving dinner or as a side at a Sunday night family supper, cornbread is a great addition to a home-cooked meal. This recipe is both gluten and dairy free and could easily be made vegan by swapping the egg for a flax egg or applesauce. Plus, it’s very easy to prepare, making it a great activity to share with your children in the kitchen. We hope you enjoy this recipe, and feel free to send us your favorite cornbread recipe! Do you add quinoa to other recipes, too?
* 2 ¼ cups unsweetened soy milk (or milk of choice)
* 2 cups gluten-free cornmeal
* 1 cup quinoa meal
* ¼ cup agave nectar
* 1 egg, beaten (or 1 flax egg)
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 2 tsp salt
* 1.5 tsp baking soda
* ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Grease loaf pan with canola oil spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the golden-brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
We love quinoa! Are you new to this nutritious grain? If so, we recommend heading over to Cooking Light’s test kitchen. They have a great piece on quinoa, plus a video on how to cook it!