15 Aug Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- 2 ears corn, husks removed
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch planks
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 3.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup pico de gallo, divided
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, diced, divided
- 4 tbspn pumpkin seeds, roasted
- Step 1
Preheat a gas grill or charcoal grill to medium (350-400 degrees F). Grill corn, uncovered and turning occasionally, until tender and charred on all sides, about 10 minutes. Grill zucchini, uncovered and turning once, until charred and tender, about 2 minutes per side. (Alternatively, heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until charred and tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Grill zucchini, turning once, until charred and tender, about 2 minutes per side.) Coarsely chop zucchini and cut kernels from the cobs.
- Step 2
Whisk oil, lime juice and cumin in a large bowl. Add the zucchini, the corn, quinoa, arugula, beans and half each of pico de gallo, cilantro, cheese, avocado and pumpkin seeds. Gently toss to combine.
- Step 3
Top with the remaining pico de gallo, cilantro, cheese, avocado and pumpkin seeds.
To make ahead: Prepare salad as directed, omitting avocado. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Add avocado just before serving.