01 Aug PB&J Cookies
We’ve been searching for great gifts to give to our coworkers, friends, and families this holiday season. We love the idea of making gifts in place of purchasing gifts. And sometimes all you need is a batch of freshly baked cookies to make a great gift. We found this wonderful recipe for PB&J Cookies from our friends over at Cooking Light and we can’t wait to wrap them up in festive holiday gift bags and send them on their merry way!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (feel free to substitute for gluten-free flour, if needed)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 7 tbsp preserves of choice (we used grape!)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and salt, stirring well with a whisk; set aside.
- Place sugars, nut butter, and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Lightly coat hands with cooking spray. Shape dough into 36 balls (~2.5 tsp each). Place balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Press thumb into center of each dough ball, leaving an indentation. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Uncover dough. Bake at 350˚F for 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies from pans, and cool on a wire rack.
- Place preserves in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high for 20 seconds, stirring once. Add the lemon juice, stirring until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 tsp preserves into the center of each cookie.
- Serve or wrap for a holiday gift!
Recipe and photo courtesy of Cooking Light.