29 Jan Parmesan Chicken Fingers
With the Super Bowl this Sunday, we’re sure you are busy preparing for your Super Bowl party. We thought these Parmesan Chicken Fingers, from Laura’s, “The Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook“, which are diabetes-friendly, kid-friendly, and Super Bowl friendly would be the perfect addition . Your guests are sure to feel satisfied with this delicious dish!
Parmesan Chicken Fingers
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup bran flakes cereal, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 ½ tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites in a shallow bowl. Combine the crushed bran flakes, cheese, flaxseeds, basil, and garlic powder on a plate.
- Dip the chicken tenderloins into the egg, shaking off any excess, and toss in the bran flake mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until no longer pink and the juice run clear.