21 Feb OLIVE OIL Loaf
Posted at 21:30h in All Foods Fit, Breakfast, Parenting, Recipes, Savory Snacks, Sweet Snacks
Olive Oil Cake
An easy to make and easy to eat, snack.
- 1 Loaf Pan
- 1.5 cups unbleached white flour
- 3/4-1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk, dairy or plant
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray loaf pan with canola oil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium to large mixing bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a small mixing bowl including the lemon zest.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- Transfer to loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if it is done.
- Let cool for ten minutes.
- Ideas: Serve with ricotta, fresh strawberries, and powdered sugar.
Adapted from Food 52's Orange Scented Olive Oil Loaf 6.2018