31 Jul Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Courtesy of Simply RecipesWith the holidays just around the corner, we wanted to share one of Laura’s recipes. These make a great addition to a holiday party or cookie exchange.
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 cup honey or agave nectar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1½ cups wheat germ
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup powdered fat-free milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the canola oil, honey, eggs, vanilla extract, raisins, chopped walnuts, wheat germ, and rolled oats.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and powdered milk.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones until well-combined.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Cookies will not spread much, so you don’t need to leave a lot of room between them.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until dry around the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.