01 Aug Litehouse Foods’ Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes
Litehouse Foods’ Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes
Halloween is fast approaching. Get ready with this festive recipe courtesy of our friends at Litehouse Foods!
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- ½ c. plain yogurt or applesauce
- 15 oz. pure pumpkin puree (from 1 can)
- ⅔ c. apple juice or water
- 3 c. sugar
- 2 ½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground clove
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
- 2 2lb. bags powdered sugar
- 1 16oz. tub Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel Dip plus more for decorating
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Pour ¼ c. of batter into each cupcake liner.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining batter, makes 3 dozen cupcakes.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer whip the butter and Litehouse Butterscotch Caramel Dip until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low speed add the powdered sugar ½ a bag at a time, adding 1 Tbsp. of the cream after each sugar addition.
- Mix until fully combine before adding the next ½ bag of powdered sugar.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of cream and mix on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Decorate cupcakes!