26 Jun Lemon Garlic Scallops with Pea and Pancetta Couscous
Posted at 15:00h in Recipes
Lemon Garlic Scallops with Pea and Pancetta Couscous
- 12 scallops fresh or frozen and thawed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1-1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 8 oz pancetta diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 cups peas fresh or frozen and thawed
- 4 sprigs thyme fresh
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 juice of lemon
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper and set aside
- Boil chicken broth in a pot and add couscous. Cover the pot and remove from the stovetop.
- In a skillet, cook the pancetta and onion on medium-high heat until pancetta is slightly crispy on edges and onions are translucent.
- Add peas into skillet and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat
- Add cooked couscous to skillet with pancetta, onions, and peas. Combine and top with fresh thyme sprigs. Lower heat to medium-low.
- In a separate skillet, melt butter and add minced garlic on medium-high heat.
- Cook scallops in batches of 4 at a time. Cook each scallop for 2-3 minutes on each side until a golden brown crust develops. You may need to add more butter to coat the pan between batches. Squeeze cooked scallops with lemon.
- Discard thyme sprigs and portion couscous on a plate. Serve 4 scallops per serving on top of the couscous. Garnish with parsley and serve!