01 Aug Homemade Banana Cake
Homemade Banana Cake
Do you ever get stuck with a bunch of overripe bananas? This happens to us every now and again. We go a little crazy at the grocery store and by a batch of bananas that go ripe too quickly and we find ourselves scrambling to eat them before they go to waste. Some great options are slicing them and freezing them for smoothies, or a classic is making banana bread. Well we have another option for you. Check out Mama Mariean’s delicious Homemade banana cake recipe!
- ½ cup butter (1 stick, room temperature)
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 very ripe smashed bananas
- 2 cups flour (can be gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Mix all dry ingredients (not including the flour) with a wooden spoon. Add eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, and milk. Mix thoroughly. Add the bananas and mix. Add flour slowly and mix until fully incorporated.
- Grease and flour 9 x 11 pan. Pour in the batter and bake at 375˚F for 25-30 minutes. Test with a toothpick.
- While the cake is still warm, cover with powdered sugar. Allow to cool and serve!
Optional: slice a banana and other fruit of choice to garnish the cake. (We love to use kiwi and strawberry slices!)