31 Jul Hearty Fruit & Nut Granola
Posted at 02:39h in Recipes, Sweet Snacks
Hearty Fruit & Nut Granola
I’m excited to be sharing another recipe from my book, The Diabetes Comfort Food Diet Book! This is an easy, and tasty granola recipe that you can make ahead for the week, for breakfast, snacks and on-the-go!
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned (large flake) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup millet
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, millet, cranberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, maple syrup, cinnamon, and cardamom. Stir well to combine.
- Spread evenly onto prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown, stirring carefully once or twice. Remove from the oven and break up any large pieces of granola while it’s still warm.
- Cool completely before sorting into airtight containers. You can store at room temperature for up to 1 week. Enjoy!