01 Aug Grilled Pork Chops with Two Melon Salsa
Grilled Pork Chops with Two Melon Salsa
We’ve been talking a lot about watermelons this summer! And as one of the most hydrating and tasty fruits, we’re happy to have one more reason to incorporate it into our summer dishes, just in time for your Fourth of July cookout!
- 1 cup chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 3 tablespoons sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalepeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
FOR PORK CHOPS
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut pork chops, trimmed
- cooking spray
- To prep salsa, combine the first 7 ingredients and set aside
- To prep pork chops, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine oil and next 4 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Rub oil mixture over both sides of pork chops. Coat pan with cookies spray. Add pork to pan, cook for 4 minutes on both sides or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy!