31 Jul Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken
Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken
To prepare for the upcoming school year, I’ve been trying to focus on finding meals I can make ahead and then have ready to heat and eat during the week. This yogurt marinade recipe is my recent favorite because in addition to a marinade for chicken, I’ve also used the recipe as a sauce or even dressing for other meals and side dishes. It keeps chicken moist–whether grilled or baked–and is a tangy and fresh compliment to seasonal veggies and sides!Makes 4 servings (marinates 4 chicken breast fillets)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup cucumber peeled and diced, finel
- 2 medium strawberries diced, finely
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, made into paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- In medium bowl, stir to combine yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and honey.
- Dice onion, cucumber and strawberry. Paste garlic. Combine all with yogurt mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into gallon-sized ziplock to cover chicken breasts and squeeze bag to coat chicken. Allow to marinade in refrigerator overnight. Grill or bake chicken to desired doneness, checking for an internal temperature of 165F.
- Chill yogurt mixture in airtight container and enjoy with veggies, grains, salads or proteins as a dipping sauce or dressing.