01 Aug Fresh Salmon-Cilantro Burgers & Grilled Peaches with Amaretto-Pecan Caramel Sauce
Fresh Salmon-Cilantro Burgers & Grilled Peaches with Amaretto-Pecan Caramel Sauce
Mom Dishes It Out is excited to announce our new association with Cooking Light! Like MDIO, Cooking Light shares recipes and is focused on experiences that help build family and community. In honor of Memorial Day, fire up your grills because we’ll be sharing with you two recipes adapted from Cooking Light: Fresh Salmon Cilantro Burgersand for dessert, Grilled Peaches with with Amaretto-Pecan Caramel Sauce. And remember, follow MDIO’s tips on How to Have a Hip and Healthy “Mama-Q” BBQ!
- ¼ cup Chobani Greek yogurt, plain, non-fat
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices English cucumber
- 4 leaf lettuce leaves or spinach
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup 100% apple juice
- 2 tablespoons amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur) or substitute with 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chilled butter
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 firm ripe peaches, halved and pitted (about 3 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- Place salmon in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add breadcrumbs and next 6 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon black pepper); pulse 4 times or until well blended. Divide salmon mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 2 minutes. Carefully turn patties over; cook 2 minutes or until done.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over bottom half of each hamburger bun. Top each serving with 1 salmon patty, 3 cucumber slices, 1 lettuce leaf, and top half of bun.
- Spinach salad: Combine 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons canola oil, 2 teaspoons water, and 1/4 teaspoon chile paste in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add half of 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach, 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper strips, and 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion to bowl; toss to coat.
- Prepare grill.
- Combine granulated sugar and 1/4 cup water in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring gently as needed to dissolve sugar evenly. Continue cooking 8 minutes or until golden brown (do not stir); gently tilt pan and swirl mixture to evenly brown. Remove from heat. Slowly apple juice, amaretto, and butter, stirring constantly with a long-handled wooden spoon (mixture will bubble vigorously). Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until smooth. Stir in pecans. Remove from heat.
- Place peaches, cut sides up, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until tender. Serve warm with sauce.