04 Jul Fourth of July Fruit Kabobs
Happy 4th of July! To celebrate this summer holiday we wanted to share a quick, easy, and fun dessert. These red, white, and blue kabobs are both festive and delicious, plus they make a great activity for the family. We hope you enjoy!Photo Credit: R.Duran via Compfight cc
Fourth of July Fruit Kabobs
Makes 10 skewers
- 1 pint strawberries, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed
- 3-4 bananas, cut into 1 inch-wide slices
- 10 skewers
- Other Options: marshmallows, watermelon, white cake cut into cubes
- Place each fruit into their own bowls.
- Have your kids add fruits and other items as they wish.
- They can be stored in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Tips: make it a learning activity and have your kids make patterns with the kabobs.
Take a page from The Kitchn’s book and make a flag to serve on a platter for dessert!