07 Oct Festively Fall Butternut Squash Pizza
Festively Fall Butternut Squash Pizza
The other night, my family and I enjoyed a butternut squash pizza from Whole Foods. We loved it so much that I thought it would be a great activity to get my kids involved in replicating the recipe. This is a fun and festive twist on a classic pizza dish!
- 1 package of whole wheat pizza dough (we get ours from the local Whole Foods bakery)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (we used Cucina Antica’s la Pizza sauce)
- 1 cup steamed butternut squash, cut into bite-sized cubes
- Manchego cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (or the recommended temperature of your store-bought pizza dough).
- Roll out dough onto a pizza stone or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Spread the sauce, add the squash, and grate the cheese until the pizza is covered. Add oregano or spices of choice.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until edges appear golden brown (or as long as your specific pizza dough calls for).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with a side salad or mixed vegetables.
Nutrition Facts, 1 slice: 179 calories, 11.6g fat, 7.2g saturated fat, 10.7g carbohydrates, 2.1g fiber, 2.5g sugar, 8.8g protein