18 Apr Easter Bunny Carrots!
I don’t know about you, but when I was little my family and I would leave carrots on a plate out for the Easter Bunny the night before Easter. Then every Easter Sunday I’d wake up to find an empty plate and a Easter basket. I always found this to be a great tradition and I continue to honor it with my own children. However, instead of disposing of the Easter Bunny’s carrots, I usually put them to good use and whip up a delicious side to go with Easter supper.
Photo Credit: ccharmon via Compfight cc
- 5-7 jumbo-sized carrots, sliced (or one 1lb bag of baby carrots)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add sliced carrots and cook for 5-7 minutes or until they begin to soften slightly.
- Add onion and spices, allow to cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the onions appear translucent.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
For some more festive holiday sides, check out Cooking Light’s Easter ideas! There are some tasty recipe options!