01 Aug Chopped Salmon over Shaved Brussel Sprouts
Chopped Salmon over Shaved Brussel Sprouts
Chopped salmon may not be a traditional dish but it’s perfect for make-ahead meals! It can be a delicious meal served over grains like brown rice, rice pilaf or quinoa. Cool it down and you can toss it on a bed of greens. For a refreshing summer salad, skip the soy sauce and hot sauce–season with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- 2 (5 oz.) boneless salmon fillets, cut into cubes
- ½ cup white onions, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Siracha hot sauce
- olive oil spray
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ lb Brussel Sprouts, shaved
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped salmon, green onions, soy sauce, hot sauce and salt. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over high heat with olive oil. Add the brussels and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add honey and allow it to cook for 2 more minutes, or until tender.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil spray. Add the white onions and saute for 1-2 minutes, or until translucent. Add the salmon mixture in a single layer and cook until caramelized or opaque.
- Adjust seasonings. Serve immediately over bed of shaved brussel sprouts.