01 Aug Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
Tacos are a great and fun dinner to make especially when you are low on time. Instead of using taco meat, try fish as your protein! We love this Chipotle Shrimp Taco recipe from Cooking Light. This recipe gives you a flavorful blast of chipotle chile powdered shrimp tacos in 15 minutes!
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 32 peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 16 slices
- ¾ cup salsa verde
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add shrimp, tossing to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas in microwave according to package directions. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates; arrange 4 shrimp on each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup lettuce, 2 avocado slices, and 1 1/2 tablespoons salsa.
The recipe and photo featured in this post were provided by Cooking Light. To read the original recipe please click here.