01 Aug Chipotle Pork Tenderloin
Chipotle Pork Tenderloin
I love trying new recipes, especially if I have my family join in on the cooking with me. Not only is it a great opportunity to bond with each other, but it also allows us the chance to sit down and enjoy a tasty, homemade meal. Just last night we made this delicious pork tenderloin adapted from a recipe in Miraval’s Sweet and Savory Cooking Cookbook.
- Cooking spray, olive or canola oil
- 1 pork loin roast, one-pound
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup chipotle sauce (see additional recipe below)
- ¼ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried ginger, minced
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 2 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo sauce)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 6 oz lager-style beer
- Heat oven to 400˚F. Lightly coat a medium saute pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high temperature.
- Season the pork with salt, pepper, and seasonings of choice. Add to the heated pan and sear for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Allow pork to rest for 3-4 minutes and cut into slices.
- Plate and top with chipotle sauce (see additional recipe below)
- Heat oil in a saute pan. Add onions, apricots, garlic and ginger. Saute for 2 minutes, or until onions appear translucent.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard, chili sauce, chipotle peppers, orange juice and beer.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over top of pork tenderloin (see above).
This recipe was adapted from Miraval’s Sweet and Savory Cooking Cookbook, more information on this book can be found here.