16 May Chicken and Strawberry Salad
Do you love strawberries as much as we do? They are offer a great source of fiber and antioxidants, and they taste good to boot! Looking for a great way to add some more strawberries to your meals? Try them in your next salad – like this great recipe from Cooking Light:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1/3 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cashews, halved
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- To prepare dressing, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Gradually drizzle in oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine romaine and next 4 ingredients (through chicken) in a bowl; toss gently. Place about 2 cups chicken mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cashews and 2 tablespoons cheese. Drizzle about 4 teaspoons dressing over each serving.
The recipe and photograph in this post are from Cooking Light’s 20 Favorite Strawberry Recipes feature.
To find more delicious strawberry recipes head on over to cooking light to view them here.