01 Aug Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Pancetta
Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Pancetta
During the holidays, certain foods remain a tradition within some families. However, I find the holidays to be a wonderful time to explore new recipes. Next to the traditional Thanksgiving dishes, I prepared a new one: Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Pancetta—which turned out to be a healthy hit! The only modification I made to the original recipe is not adding oil, as there is plenty of flavorful fat from the pancetta!
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 ounces paper-thin slices pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Partially cook the Brussels sprouts in a large pot of boiling salted water, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the pancetta. Continue to saute the sprouts for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant but not burnt, about 2 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts to the same skillet and saute until heated through and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the broth and simmer until the broth reduces just enough to coat the Brussels sprouts, about 3 minutes. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis