31 Jul Banana Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yields ~15 muffins
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup shredded (or made into noodles and then chopped*) zucchini
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F, and grease or line muffin tin. In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients of flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, mix beaten egg, oil, milk, mashed banana, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until incorporated and moistened.
- Prepare zucchini using a shredder or by spiralizing into thin noodles and then chopping into ¼ inch pieces, for similar effect. Measure your 1 cup of zucchini now. Wrap measured zucchini into paper towel and squeeze out excess water–there will be a lot of it.
- Fold zucchini and chocolate chips into rest of mixture.
- Pour to fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes.