16 Dec Banana Bread
What we grew up eating and loving!!
- 4 x 8 loaf pan
- 3 bananas, ripe and smashed with a fork large
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1.5 cups All Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- With a wooden spoon, mix sugar and mashed bananas in a larger mixing bowl.
- Next mix in the butter, egg, and vanilla (wet ingredients).
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt while thoroughly stirring the mixture.
- Lastly, mix the flour in and stir until all ingredients are wet.
- Spray the loaf pan with cooking spray or grease with butter and coat with flour.
- Pour the quick bread mixture into a loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the loaf clean.
- Let cool and serve with herbal tea and sour cream or Greek Yogurt to help manage portions. Sit at the table and eat slowly, savoring the taste and fond memories of this childhood recipe.