07 Jan Baked Crispy Chicken Nuggets
For a free DIY tutorial featuring Laura Cipullo RD, CDE, CEDS, visit EHow’s Health
- 1 pound organic chicken cutlets, cut into 1” strips
- ¾ cup Progresso Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup skim milk (or 1%), more milk may be needed
- Canola oil spray
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with foil and spray with canola oil. Place the breadcrumbs in a medium bowl. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the egg white and milk.
- With a fork, dredge each cutlet through the bowl of skim milk and egg white. Immediately transfer to the bowl with breadcrumbs and dredge each side of the cutlet thoroughly with breadcrumbs. Place the breaded chicken strips on the sheet pan and repeat process.
- Spray a light mist of oil on the top of each chicken strip for crispier coating. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once. Serve with tomato sauce or applesauce instead of ketchup.