05 Sep Apple, Almond, and Cheddar Sandwich
This recipe is a great twist on one of the lunch ideas we featured in yesterday’s blog. You could easily swap out the cheese and/or the deli meat to your kids’ liking. Feel free to play around with it and let us know your favorite version!
Photo courtesy of Cooking Light
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond butter
- 2 whole-wheat bread slices (We like Ezekiel bread!)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced apple
- 1 thin slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce lower-sodium deli ham
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf (Try kale if your child’s palate approves!)
- Spread half of almond butter on one side of each bread slice. Layer one slice with apple, cheddar, ham, and lettuce. Top with remaining bread slice, almond butter side down.