01 Aug A Plated Meal: Zucchini Pappardelle Arrabbiata with Chickpeas and Almonds
A Plated Meal: Zucchini Pappardelle Arrabbiata with Chickpeas and Almonds
My family and I recently tried Plated, a dining service in NYC that delivers a box of ingredients and a recipe for you to make from home. We enjoyed the experience and wanted to share our final product with you! For more info on similar dining services in the NYC area click here.Zucchini Pappardelle Arrabbiata with Chickpeas and Almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- ¼ bunch basil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 zucchini
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons grated pecorino cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mince garlic. Peel shallot and mince. Rinse basil and roughly chop leaves, discarding stems. Rinse grape tomatoes. Rinse zucchini. Using a vegetable peeler, peel into wide ribbons, or using a sharp knife, very thinly slice lengthwise. Place ribbons in a bowl of cold water and set aside.
- Roast Chickpeas Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pat dry with a towel. On a baking sheet, toss chickpeas with 2 tablespoons olive oil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Roast until crisp, about 18 minutes.
- While chickpeas roast, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in another pan over medium heat. When oil is shimmering, add garlic, shallot, and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, 3 minutes. Add grape tomatoes and cook until beginning to shrivel, about 2 minutes more.
For the rest of this recipe and others head on over to www.Plated.com!