09 Oct Coconut Curry Salmon
Coconut Curry Salmon
- 1 pound salmon cut into four filets
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 serrano chile chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oilon medium high heat. Add salmon skinside down and cook for 5 minutes. Flipsalmon and continue cooking for an addition 3-5 minutes. Transfer salmon to a plate and setaside. Salmon will not be all the waycooked through.
- Heat another tablespoon olive oil in skillet onmedium heat. Add shallot, serrano chile,garlic, and ginger and sauté until brown and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add spices and coconut milk, stir to combine.
- Add salmon back to skillet, cover and cook for10 minutes.
- Serve salmon over jasmine rice.