29 May 100 Thoughts While Shopping at Whole Foods
Photo Credit: ceiling via Compfight cc
We saw the Buzzfeed 99 thoughts everyone has at Whole Foods last month and thought it would be fun to try our own version! So here’s the 100 thoughts an RD and Mom has when shopping at Whole Foods:
1. Where is the largest grocery cart? I need the biggest one!
2. Fresh cider when it’s not even apple season.
3. But 100% juice is fortified.
4. Let me see the berries.
5. Price per pound, grown where and are they organic?
6. Organic, grown in Florida or Ca, yes will get.
7. Local, $3.99, not organic is okay as likely sustainable; get them.
8. Organic, grown in Mexico – nope.
9. Apples – organic and grown in USA.
10. Ugh they are so expensive.
11. Better to spend money in health promotion.
12. What veggies do I need?
13. What happened to making grocery lists?
14. I need to make a list before coming here.
15. I need to choose three dinners for the week.
16. Oh, I am not in the mood for planning dinner.
17. I will get dinner for tonight and send the husband back later in the week.
18. Will my kids stop climbing in and out of the cart.
19. I look like such an awful mom.
20. Why can’t they just walk next to me?
21. No, we can’t get muffins yet.
22. I know it is freezing in this section.
23. Where is my favorite kale?
24. What is this? No Swiss Chard, not Kale and not collard greens?
25. I will buy it and try it.
26. I wish I had someone to cook me delicious fresh diners every night.
27. Oh I do, that’s me.
28. I just don’t have the desire, time or energy.
29. Smells fishy today.
30. Let me see how fresh the fish look.
31. Yes, we can get flowers but only for 10 dollars.
32. Yes, those are pretty, but 20.00
33. My son is so cute picking out flowers.
34. Hold the flowers you just picked out.
35. Yes, we can get your favorite cheese.
36. Yes, get 3 of them.
37. I wonder how much this bill will be?
38. $400.00, $300., $200.?
39. Would my boys eat this?
40. The cheeses smell wonderful.
41. Don’t forget Bobby’s favorite chicken.
42. Yes, I can hold your half eaten banana.
43. Which chicken is trimmed and thinly cut?
44. Where is the white turkey meat?
45. Organic chicken tastes so much better.
46. Chicken sausage, yum.
47. With kale and pasta.
48. That will be dinner tomorrow night.
49. Greek yogurts.
50. I miss Chobani.
51. I wish Whole Foods sold Chobani.
52. Skyr yogurts – 3.00.
53. My son is worth it.
54. I will buy the Skyr.
55. Love the spoon.
56. Can any green company sell a package of eco friendly spoons?
57. I have so many forks and knives – plastic, corn, bamboo..
58. I just need spoons.
59. How can cereal be 6.99 now?
60. I am not eating that anymore.
61. I will let my son eat it.
62. I can eat something cheaper.
63. Yes, we can get mac and cheese.
64. Look for the sale.
65. Is there anything my boys would try?
66. I need to try some new recipes.
67. I hope we don’t knock anything over.
68. I am getting used to this new layout.
69. Which mustard, ketchup…
70. How does one food shop for their family if they are not a RD?
71. I wonder if they think they are buying something healthy?
72. I should have opened a store like this.
73. I remember Alfalfas, Wild Oats and oh, their delicious muffins.
74. Now Whole Foods Reigns.
75. Omg, the stuff is spilling over my cart and we have only hit half of the aisles.
76. Thank goodness I don’t have the double stroller anymore.
77. I am no longer a train conductor rather a referee.
78. Yes, yes,. Lets get your muffins.
79. I need them to calm down and be quite.
80. Should I let them eat it now?
81. It will spoil their appetite for dinner.
82. I am so tired, I don’t care.
83. They will get hungry later.
84. Let them eat their muffins and bagels now.
85. I know I will end up eating that muffin.
86. Okay back to the aisles.
87. I need to come back and look at these new food products.
88. The organic baby food business is crazy.
89. Do people realize these gummies are just like any other gummy?
90. Which line is shortest?
91. Can I carry all of this home?
92. OMG, stop hitting each other.
93. OMG, stop bumping into other people.
94. Such good little helpers when they are not misbehaving.
95. I think we should get more than ten cents per bag.
96. I should get paid by Whole Foods.
97. I am a walking advertisement for them.
98. Where is my delivery card?
99. Oh, I forgot the sparkling water.
100. Definitely doing delivery.